...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Music Survey


Favourites


What is your favourite genre of music?
Metal

Why?
It makes me feel alive.

Name your favourite band(s)
Opeth, Morbid Angel, Heaven Shall Burn

Name your favourite solo artist(s)
Ani Difranco, Jeff Buckley, Tori Amos

What is your favourite album?
I couldn’t tell you… I have too many..

What is your favourite album cover?
Tool always has the best artwork..

Name your favourite song(s)
way too many… by opeth, tool and tori amos..

Favourite CD you own
um…….. Do you KNOW how many cds I own?

Favourite song on your computer
Anima - So Confused

Favourite song you DON'T have
way too many… um at the moment, maybe Daniel by Bat for Lashes..

Favourite lyrics
Winter - Tori Amos

Favourite vocalist
Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth) but also Maynard (Tool) and Trent Reznor (NIN)

Favourite guitarist
Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom - the man is the Guitar God! Lord of Shredding!)

Favourite bassist
Dave Vincent (Morbid Angel)

Favourite drummer
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)

Favourite instrumentalist (any instrument not mentioned above)
Dredg (they do a lot of instrumentals)

Favourite classical / jazz composer
I'm not sure… I'm sure I have one LOL

Favourite rapper
Ozi Batla, Urthboy and Phrase (check out Aussie Hiphop - its quite distinctive..)

Favourite theatrical score
300

Favourite of anything not mentioned
everything! Eastern music, dammit! What about Azam Ali, or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan etc




The bad stuff


What's your least favourite genre of music?
cheesey pop rock on mainstream radio, american rap.

Who's your least favourite band?
too many pop rock bands on mainstream radio to choose just one..

Who's your least favourite solo artist?
Britney Spears

Who do you think is the most annoying musician?
Britney Spears

If you could shoot any "artist" or "band", who would it be?
Britney Spears

Who do you think is the least talented?
Britney Spears

Least favourite song
um…

Most annoying song
um…

Most repetitive song
um…

Last song to be stuck in your head
funky chicken

Did this survey just get that song stuck in your head again? (sorry)
yes

Worst band that used to be good?
silverchair

A good band that used to suck?
lots!




Your musical background


What was the first music you remember listening to?
The Beatles and Slim Dusty

What type of music do your parents listen to?
Dad listens to The Beatles and Leo Sayer - mum listens to everything… country, rock, pop, metal etc

Do you play any musical instruments, or sing? If so, elaborate.
I used to sing in choir and musicals but lost my talent..

Do you take lessons for instruments or voice? If so, for how long?
never

Do you plan to / have you gone to college for music?
never

Who are your musical inspirations?
ani difranco, tori amos, the chickies from metal bands like kittie, otep, lacuna coil

Who was your first favourite band or artist?
the corrs

Who is your most recent favourite band or artist?
rise against

What styles of music are you interested in learning about?
metal, punk, indie, post rock, eastern, etc

What styles of music do you already know a lot about?
all of them!

Do you know much about musical theory? If not, would you like to?
not much. Most of what I know is instinctive

If you take lessons, do you like your teacher(s)?
n/a

How many different music teachers do you have, or have you had?
about 4 or 5 at school, and about 3 or 4 choir leader people outside of school. But I didn’t get given lessons, it was all instinctive.. I learnt instinctively to read music from singing hymns at church growing up, but I can't really read music properly..




This or that


Classical or jazz?
Jazz

Classic rock or modern rock?
both! Um, probably modern

Rock or Rap?
rock, although I love aussie hiphop acts

Emo or Punk?
punk!

Funk or Blues?
blues

Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin?
I have to choose?!? Um……..

Bob Marley or Michael Franti?
Bob Marley

Coldplay or Radiohead?
Radiohead

Guster or Dispatch?
???

John Mayer or Jack Johnson?
Jack Johnson

Eminem or 50 Cent?
Eminem

Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera?
Christina

Backstreet Boys or N'SYNC?
Backstreet Boys… I used to be a teenage girl LOL

The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
The Beatles

Beethoven or Mozart?
Beethoven

Rachmaninoff or Debussy?
Debussy

Duke Ellington or Count Basie?
??

Electric or acoustic?
both.. I love accoustic… but electric gets me going… it depends on my mindset, but I love both equally.

Mandolin or ukulele?
mandolin

Saxophone or trumpet?
sax




Miscellaneous


Why do you like music?
this question is too basic. Music makes me feel alive, it makes me feel, its beautiful, relaxing, energising, the lyrics can be funny, amsuing, sad, melencholic, angry, political, random and fun…. I love dancing, singing, and kicking back and listening to tunes... music is a constant in my life, despite the fact I dont make any myself. i just love it..

When you're angry, what type of music do you listen to?
um metal? But I listen to it all the time.. So it doesn’t mean anything..

Has music ever made you cry? When?
live concert… when its just electric, giving you goosebumps, a vocal rising above…. Its nearly a religion… this especially is apparent with a cappella…. Just a hauntingly eerie voice raised to the heavens… im giving myself shivers just thinking of it..

Has music ever made you laugh? When?
hell yeah! Continually… sometimes its because its so pathetic… others is when there are funny lyrics or its satire… butterfingers anyone?

Do you like local music?
I love local music. Most of the live acts I see are local.

What is the best show you have ever been to?
morbid angel was amazing… but I had more fun seeing Prey, Melodyssey and Cog with Sami

Have you ever played in any shows?
I used to do musicals and choir, but that doesn’t really count

If so, what type of music was it?
musicals and choirs - show tunes, pop music, hymns, musicals

Do you enjoy being on stage?
no

Do you like to sing, even if you don't consider yourself a singer?
yes! I wish I had my own house so I could sing my little heart out!

If you could meet any musician and ask them for advice, who would it be?
I don't really have any advice I want…

If you could just chill with any musician, who would it be?
Alexi Laiho and Mikael Åkerfeldt are hot and brilliant artists, Ani difranco and Tori Amos are amazing women, and I would also bring Jeff Buckley back from the dead..

What instrument that you don't play now would you like to learn next?
all of them! No, either guitar or drums

Do you like foreign types of music? If so, what types?
yes. Too many to number… celtic, bollywood & hindi, middle eastern, throat singers, lots of folk music, andean music etc

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails