...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amanda Palmer's Sydney Secret Ninja Gig

Firstly I need to ask if you know The Dresden Dolls? Awesome arent they?! Well, I follow Amanda Palmer on Twitter and Tumblr, as well as Facebook and Myspace. She is such a facinating lady. On a little side note, she and Neil Gaiman recently announced their engagement. Both have a cult following, and them together? Well just lets say that there are a lot of estatic and disappointed people around the world LOL



Last friday I checked twitter and she had a Secret Ninja Gig planned. It was on the steps of the Opera House, she said to dress crazy, and that there would be a bookswap. Mel said Kristy was going so we met up at Circular Quay. You could tell who was going.There is something about the people attracted to Avant Guarde type of music LOL Kristy wore her lab coat, I wore my crazy-arsed skirt I made for my Monster Mash party a few years ago, and wore to Franger's going way party last year as Bellatrix Lestrange. Awesome skirt... but I am biased. Anyway, we went, despite the rain and forcast storm. And ended up sitting RIGHT AT HER FEET! Im not a crazy stalker anymore, but that is worth some kudos! Sitting right at the feet of an amazing musician I admire while she plays the ukulele and answers random questions. I got some great video, and some photos etc. I actually had to zoom out, she was so close... One question she was asked was "where do we go when we sleep". She had a "what the fuck" expression on her face for a few moments, and then she said "why dont we call Neil?!" You can guess how loud the response to that question was! His answer was "We go down so deep inside ourselves that we all connect." They are so cute together... And he didnt even swear at her for calling him at 4am LOL

Amanda on the phone to Neil:
amanda_to_neil_by_obsidiantears83


After all the amazing ukukele ninja-ing, including her singing unbrella when it started pissing down with rain (awesome!) we went under the stairs of the Sydney Opera House and she did some more amazing ninja-tastic performaces. One guy even stood up and did an impromtue magic show! :D We had the bookswap - I got a copy of The Little Prince for myself, and nabbed a copy of On The Road for Kristy. I then asked Amanda if she could sign them for us. I will upload more photos later, but here is the video of Amanda Palmer covering The Cure:




Yes, I know this is a very stilted and vague blog post, but it was over a week ago, and I kept forgettting to blog about it LOL More photos to follow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails