...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Brushstroke 3


This is my weekly update on my listening habbits and includes my two cents on music news, and a rundown on gigs I have been to. I have three main listening styles.... My music I listen to before going to bed (I have chronic insomnia, and I cant go to sleep without something playing), the music I listen to on Triple J, and the albums I listen to at other times - I normally by a new one every two weeks, which gets high rotation - for a while anyway... I also have music on my computer at work, for when my MP3 battery is charging. I go on about metal a lot, because that is where my passion lies, but I haven't been listening to that all that much lately... just because I mostly listen to the radio... Some of these songs will be repeated weekly - I dont change my MP3s much...

Night Tunes: I made a cd of all my favourite Radiohead songs so this is mostly what I have been playing each night... Also been playing Ani diFranco's Knuckledown

Day Tunes:
Albums:- Gossip, Rise Against, Tool, Dredg, Ihshan, Karnivool, Tori Amos, Live, VAST, Battle Metal VI
Loose MP3s:- Anima, Bertie Blackman, Deep Sea Arcade, Metric, Sarah Blasco, Yves Klein Blue - basically all the ones I downloaded from the JJJ website this year LOL

Radio Tunes I've taken note of: "Little Lion Man" - Mumford And Sons (I'm obsessed! must buy..), "The Start of War" - Claire Bowditch and the Feeding Set (still... very addictive..), "Rusted For The Rain" Billy Talent, "With This Ship" and "The Number One Cause" by The Basics, Volcano Fire, Holy Ghost and Vast... Oh, and Johnny Cash and his cover of NIN's Hurt - I still swear its the best cover ever...

CDs purchased: n/a (dosh went to holiday funds instead)

Reflections:
  • I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking excited!!! I just bought a ticket to see Opeth next month!!!! *hyperventilates* They are my favourite band and I havent been able to hit a gig of theirs before... The fact that I get to go... wow.... And its all because I wailed on facebook that I couldnt afford to go.. One of my friends is my fairy godmother (and another wanted to be) and lent me the dosh until after the wedding...

  • I got my Soundwave Festival ticket in the mail this week!! Oooh SHINY!!!

  • I wont be updating this series next week. Im visiting the family for a week - as my brother is getting married next friday. Im offline until then, and Im trying hard not to buy cds etc..all the money is going towards a kickarse holiday! (hopefully! I still have to organise my outfit for the party tomorrow night.. going as Anita Blake who is one kickarse female! and I still need to plan my outfit for my bros wedding... hopefully will have enough dosh after that to do some frivilerous spending..

*the naming convention of this series is from Dredg's El Cielo album...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails