...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Brushstroke 2


This is my weekly update on my listening habbits and includes my two cents on music news, and a rundown on gigs I have been to. I have three main listening styles.... My music I listen to before going to bed (I have chronic insomnia, and I cant go to sleep without something playing), the music I listen to on Triple J, and the albums I listen to at other times - I normally by a new one every two weeks, which gets high rotation - for a while anyway... I also have music on my computer at work, for when my MP3 battery is charging. I go on about metal a lot, because that is where my passion lies, but I haven't been listening to that all that much lately... just because I mostly listen to the radio... Some of these songs will be repeated weekly - I dont change my MP3s much...

Night Tunes: I made a cd of all my favourite Radiohead songs so this is mostly what I have been playing each night... Also been playing the 300, Twilight and Juno soundtracks and one of my NIN albums.

Day Tunes:
Albums:- Gossip, Rise Against, Tool, Dredg, Ihshan, Karnivool, Tori Amos
Loose MP3s:- Anima, Bertie Blackman, Deep Sea Arcade, Metric, Sarah Blasco, Yves Klein Blue - basically all the ones I downloaded from the JJJ website this year LOL

Radio Tunes I've taken note of: "Little Lion Man" - Mumford And Sons (I'm obsessed! must buy..), "The Start of War" - Claire Bowditch and the Feeding Set (still... very addictive..), "This is your life" - Dust Brothers, "Rusted For The Rain" Billy Talent, "With This Ship" and "The Number One Cause" by The Basics, "Tree Bones" - Port O'Brien, "No Need For Lovers" - Sugar Army etc. I've also been interested in Monsters of Folk, Mary Jane Kelly, The Creepshow and Paprika Balkanicus and need to investigate their music more...

CDs purchased: n/a (I'm broke)

Reflections:
  • Ari and David have made some suggestions for some bands to check out at Soundwave in febuary... Of those suggestions, I really liked what I heard of The Creepshow and It Dies Today. I would welcome any other suggestions people have :)

  • I'm going to see Fame tonight with the girls. I love musicals, but I have no idea what this one is going to be like... (my musicals tend to be in technicolour LOL bring it fred!) It looks like it will either be a fun movie, or just plain cheesy... I guess we find out! I still havent been to see (500) Days of Summer - I won tickets through Triple J, but then it was cancelled... the soundtrack is awesome, and i will probably still check it out - I do love Zooey Dreschenel.... anyway, mentioning that here cos the soundtrack is great...

*the naming convention of this series is from Dredg's El Cielo album...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails