...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Morbid Angel (Live 5/6/09)

Seeing Morbid Angel live in concert was a wondrous and awe-inspiring experience. (I’m not layering this on too thick am I?) God, they just blew me away... It's been a week already (I've been too busy to find time to blog.. I haven’t even reviewed my photos!!) and I am still not over it... When it finished at midnight, i wanted it to start over.. For those big red velvet curtains to open again, and for them to pick up their instruments and keep on performing! The last time they were here was 13 years ago... I wonder when they will tour Australia again? I might have to go overseas to get a hit... *laughs* yeah right, this is the girl who couldn’t afford their $70 hoodie! haha but I still got the tshirt, so its okay ;-p

The support acts were good. The first band, Infinitum, from Canberra was pretty mediocre, in my opinion... Like every other death metal band on the circuit... I liked them, but they didn’t pack a punch. The other band was Daemon Foetal Harvest from Wollongong. And people? they blew me away! I loved them! it was a wall of sound!! If I hadn't have had other plans for my money that weekend, I would have grabbed one of their cds... As it is, I will be sussing out their myspace! And keeping an eye out for them in the streetpress... oh, and one of their guys was hot! I will have to check the photos, but I think it was the base player? Might have been guitar - i wasn’t exactly in the front of the pit this time.. I knew the pit would be brutal, and my ankles still haven’t healed from when I injured them in October last year. I am hoping by the end of this year I can wear high heels again.. at the moment I cant even try them on! If I don’t twist my ankles in the next 6 months, I think they will heal okay. I miss heels... I have an obsession.... And I can't indulge it these days o_O anyway, I felt I should stay out of the pit for health reasons, so I grabbed a spot on the stands, just a bit higher than eye-height of the bands.. I really like the layout of the Metro. In a normal gig, you are all the same height, and the stage is anywhere from chest height upwards. Its okay if you are at the front, but if you are at the back, and its a mid to large size space, it means you don’t have a good view of the acts performing. The Metro has the pit, probably about 50m back from the stage you get a staggered effect... Kind of like tiers, but they are about 10m wide... so you can have like 5 people thick standing there... and there is a shelf over the front, so if you are at the front (like i was) you have somewhere to sit your bourbon and coke! Awesome!

Anyway, Morbid Angel blew me away... They are devastating live! The played all the good old songs, as well as new ones... And promised they will be back sooner this time.. I bloody well hope so! otherwise they will be in their dotage by the time they tour again?

Pics:




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails