...from a whisper to a SCREAM is currently on hiatus. You can follow Zja Noir on Instagram for photos of the gigs she attends.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Big British Sound 2010

I am going to "Ben Sherman's Big British Sound 2010" at The Metro Theatre tonight. I have to admitt, I am mainly going for Bertie Blackman, and partly for Deep Sea Arcade. I have seen them both perform before. I saw Deep Sea Arcade when they supported Yves Klein Blue last year (I like them more live than I do on the radio) and Bertie Blackman performed as part of the Australia Day celebration at The Rocks this year (She, Ash Grunwald and Jeff Lang just blew me away!). I am now sure how I will like the rest of the acts however, as I am sort of non-commital when they come on the radio. I don't hate them, but I am not rushing out to buy their cds either! I thought, to refresh my memory, I would share some videos with you.

Bertie Blackman

^I love her remake of the Siouxsie and the Banshees' "Peek-A-Boo"!





Deep Sea Arcade
I love some of their songs, and they are great live, but I cant find a video for Crouch End or any of their others asside from Dont Be Sorry or Lonely In Your Arms. You can listen to Crouch End on Triple J's Unearthed website here.



Jonathan Boulet



Fergus Brown



Whitley

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails